Friday, October 29, 2010

Done


Thanks once again to everyone for their support. I managed to complete the Niagara Falls marathon last Sunday in a time of 4:33:09. The race itself was, as expected, pretty hard work. I felt good and was on for a very satisfactory time until cramp well and truely set in at mile 22. I was reading a book on marathon running leading up to the weekend. One quote that stayed with me was "he who suffers remembers". I won't forget the last 4 or so miles in a hurry.

The finish line was rather spectacular. It was right alongside the falls themselves and they were a welcome sight after 4 and a half hours. Overall it was a brilliant experience and I can't wait to have another go. Best of luck to Matt and Mary Clay in their efforts - here's a link to their blog: http://mattmaryclayrace4oye.blogspot.com/. And thanks again for everyone's kind words of support and your contributions to this great cause. These thoughts helped get me through the final stint.

Cheers

Ben

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Ben! That's an amazing time and sounds like you really pushed through to the finish line! Thank you so much from everyone at OYE and good luck on the next one!

    ReplyDelete