Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Less than 3 weeks to go

Thank you to everyone who has sponsored me to date. I'm really chuffed with the response. This weekend just gone, I managed my final 'big' training run before the marathon itself (less than 3 weeks away). I was happy to complete 20 miles and very grateful to Grumpy, Kelly, Ryan and Sarah, who at various points kept me going with considered and intelligent conversation. I'm feeling much more confident of a successful outcome on the day.

Thanks also to my sister Helen, who (as a professional nutritionalist) has provided me with excellent nutritional advice about what to eat on the morning of the marathon. The race itself doesn't start until 10am to allow runners to enter the US from Canada and clear border control. So plenty of time for breakfast.

Ben

1 comment:

  1. Run Ben RUN!!
    We are behind you 100%!
    never forget, during those last miles, when you Think your body and legs cant churn any longer....
    That the OYE Familia is rooting for you every step of the way.
    ADELANTE BEN!

    ReplyDelete